zondag 24 februari 2013

New blocks and a visit


This week I finished blocks 7 and 8 of the King George III quilt.


My blocks (or rather circles) so far:

Then, at the Blogger’s Bee in February Hubertine and I were invited to visit the their weekly bee again, so that’s what we did one evening last week.
At the Bloggers Bee I also met Rennie for the first time and we have mailed a few times since. In one of those mails I promised to bake her a banana bread (which I had also made for the pot luck lunch at the Bloggers Bee) so this was a good opportunity to make good on my promise. Since Yvonne had invited me initially months ago and was also the host I of course could not arrive without making her one as well, and while I was at it decided to make a third banana bread for the other ladies to enjoy that evening. Phew!
I promised to put the link of the recipe on my blog, you can find it here.
There is one thing I add to the recipe: 50 grams of chopped walnuts for some extra bite and I always put 5 walnuts on top before I put it into the oven.
Waiting at the bee were the gifts Shannon made for the participants of the Bloggers Bee, but which unfortunately arrived too late for that, lovely crochet flower brooches. Such a nice gesture from Shannon, this is the one I chose:
The evening was great, lovely ladies (and two very well behaved dogs), nice projects, laughs and a glass of wine. More on this evening here.


Hubertine showing off her quilting skills at the bee.

Thanks ladies for your hospitality and also Shannon for your gift, it was a fun evening!

Phyllis

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Het was leuk jullie een avond bij ons te hebben op de Bee. Leuk verslag heb je er van gemaakt. Bedankt voor je geweldige recept!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. We hebben genoten van je Banana Bread. Ook namens René en Joshua bedankt. Heerlijk he die foto's als maar bekijken. We'll keep in touch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Wat een gezelligheid..altijd leuk een bee..;0)
    Ook leuk om je KG blokken te zien...als je de scrapzakken maakt is leuk ..maar als ik dan het resultaat zie...nog leuker!!!
    en ehhhh...jammie .. dat lekkers wat je hebt gebakken..;0))
    Fijne avond

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. He Gerda, ik gebruik de scrapzakjes niet meer als zodanig. Heb ze allemaal bij elkaar gedaan (sinds blok 3), bekijk nu eerst het papieren patroon en kijk dan hoe ik het blok wil maken, welke kleur waar (bijv. deze punten rood, die blauw, daar nog een beetje rose etc.) dan zoek ik de stoffen erbij, eerst uit mijn eigen stash (zeker voor de punten die meer materiaal nodig hebben van dezelfde stof) en dan uit de stapel scraps. Vandaar dat er nu ook meer blokken zijn waarvan de punten van dezelfde stof zijn ipv verschillende. Vind het uitzoeken zelf ook zo leuk. Ieder blok is weer een zoektocht.

      Verwijderen
  4. Your blocks are lovely! Can't wait to see them all together.:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Your blocks are very nice Phyliss and your banana bread looks delicious. I am going to look at the recipe.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...