woensdag 21 november 2012

Last post on the Quilt Festival... for now


One last post about the Quilt Festival, though I may mention it in the future. There is so much to tell you about it, which is a good thing because at this moment I am working on Phebe and the going is slow, so I don’t have much to show you that way.

At the Convention Centre there was one booth I came across that was different from the others. It stood out in its simplicity, just a lot of folded quilts and only one lady ‘man’ning the booth. This lady, Suzanne McNeill, was selling her collection of heirloom handmade quilts. She showed me a few of her quilts and there is one – with her permission - I’d like to show you, I have never seen a quilt like it…

 

Look at all the different fabrics and how the maker used the striped fabric to make the church, isn’t that wonderful? What would be the story behind this quilt?

The Festival is also about friends, meeting ‘old’ ones (you may have already seen this picture on Hubertine’s or Yvonne’s blog :-

And making new ones, through Yvonne I met Sharon, who had a lovely booth with Quilt Therapy, some really nice ladies working there as well.

And then there was Linda of the Quilted Pineapple blog. We had connected over the internet only in the weeks before the Festival so it was a great chance to meet up. She was working in the Primitive Gatherings booth (always one of my favourites), check out her amazing quilting skills on her blog, The QuiltedPineapple.

It was great meeting you all, ladies!

Great thing this hobby/passion of ours, not just about making and seeing beautiful things, but about really nice people too.

Phyllis

 

 

4 opmerkingen:

  1. What an amazing quilt! It would be fun to try and replicate this. I am glad you had such a wonderful time with good friends. It was nice of you to share this photo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Zo bijzonder om zoveel bijzondere mensen te ontmoeten door onze hobby en het bloggen. Shannon en friends vonden het ook zo leuk dat ze af en toe Nederlandse dames in hun booth mochten ontvangen voor een praatje.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for stopping by. It was so nice meeting you, I hope you had a good time while you were there. Hope we can meet again in the future. Loves

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. It was soooooo amazing to meet you!!!!!!! I hope we can do it again!!! You were just as sweet and kind as I imagined.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...