maandag 18 juni 2012

A crafty weekend


Nice busy weekend… I finished the little bag we started during the Featherweight Day at Bep’s, I showed it before on Facebook but not here yet. This weekend I decided to make a second one, it is such a cute project. Of course, after practising on the first one, the second one turned out a bit better.

One thing the second one does not have is the sweet Featherweight button Bep gave us with this project.

I also finished the cross stitch part of my first cross stitch project, a pincushion from Atelier Soed Idee. A “thank you” to Irma from my bee, who helped me get started on this project, I had not cross stitched since I was a teenager, a looooong time ago, so forgot about the ins and outs of this craft. I did change two things in the pattern: I did not leave a loose thread hanging from the spool and I did not stitch the little boot next to my initials. I stitched a little star pattern instead, if you look closely you’ll see I took the star pattern from the centre of the pair of scissors and stitched it in reverse.

Most of the above was done on Sunday, on Saturday I visited the Summer Market at The Stitch Cottage in The Hague.

The weather gods were benevolent, even though we once again woke up to the sound of heavy rain, after that it turned out to be a dry day, even the sun came out in the afternoon.

The market stalls outside …. yesss…. in the sunshine!

Bobbin by Els Feteris, always lovely!

Nice and busy inside.

That was my weekend, well, some of it.
Hope you had a nice weekend too,

Phyllis


5 opmerkingen:

  1. Leuk je andere tasjes te zien, het is wel een perfect cadeautje!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Jij had ook al zo'n lekker quilterig weekend! En wat zijn de tasjes leuk geworden!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The stitch cottage ben ik nog nooit geweest. Dat is een mooi uitje voor komende vakantie.
    Groetjes,
    Marian

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hello Phyliss, the little bags are gorgeous and the button is so cute. Lovely embroidery!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...